Lanzarote

G

gafferino

Hi folks, would really appreciate some help here. Trying to book a weeks holiday in Lanzarote as a surprise for the girlfriend. dont really want to stay in a hotel so was wondering if anyone knew of any places to rent a private villa or any good websites that has some to rent. Also have never been to Lanzarote, where are the nice places to go? Cheers

hi Gafferino,

I have only been to Lanzaarote once and stayed in the Puerto Del Carmen which was a mix between a new town and an old town. The old town was really beautiful and the new town had a bar called 'Linekars Bar' - I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

With the exception of going to visit a market one day, i thought it was incredibly dull. The beach nearby was nice and our hotel was nice and the food was fine and the weather excellent so in that respect it was lovely. There just wasn't very much to do - maybe other people will know more but I would go to Greece or Cyprus, where at least you could rent a car and go for a drive etc.....

.. if you've already settled on Lanzarote as a destination .. this apt is lovely [broken link removed]