Lanzarote

dermo99

Two questions and any help be much appreciated.
  1. Any recommendation for a trustworthy taxi from airport to Puerto del Carmen - one that would be able to take a bike as well as two adults and three kids?!
  2. Was looking at restaurants to try and book something for Christmas Day - any thoughts on either La Canada or Puerto Bahia? Always a tricky thing to book from afar on spec ...
Many thanks!

dw

Ahh I love lanzarote at Christmas. Heading out on Friday.
Taxi from the Airport to Puerto del Carmen should be around €10 - €15. Maybe a bit more if down towards the old town or the Harbour.
The first time I went for Christmas I spent ages looking to book for Christmas day. Its not necessary you will get in anywhere.
Cafe LOla used to be a good one before it closed. Any of the Lani's chain are a safe bet.

A little update now that Im here.
Cafe LOla has reopened since June or July but regretably not the same quality.
We went there on friday night . Food portions drastically reduced & way over priced meal for 3 of us came to 100 euros. Way too dear for over here. Especially since we all left hungry.
The lani name seems to have vanished from a lot of places also.

some very nice restauants down in the old town by the harbour...just 3 or 4 euros by taxi. the one on the corner near where the men play bowls ? called something "angla" is nice.