Lanzarote - October

kmelvin

Hi, I've never been to Lazarote - could someone recommend a resort and hotel? I'm looking for a reasonably quite area with a good choice of restuarants?

Whats the weather normally like over there in October?

I'm thinking of booking with Stein? Does anyone have good/bad experience with them?

Thanks for your help.

K

Lanzarote is gorgeous. One of the nicest spots for package holidays -I have been twice. It is hot all year round but the nights can be cool
outside the summer months so bring a jumper in Oct.
Regarding resorts it depends on what sort of person you are. If you are single or a young couple looking of a more lively holiday I would go to Peurto Del Carmen. If you have a family or are looking for a quiet holiday Matagorda is the place. Some nice places to stay there are Hotel Beatrix Plaza,Sol Lanzarote apartments , Falcon Villas. Everywhere is of a good standard and the island itself is beautiful. It is very eay to drive around and well worth hiring a car as there is so many great places to see.
Some places to go and see are Jameos del Agua , the caves and the Caeser Manrique foundation.

I'm going back to Lanarote for the third time in a few weeks wuhuu!! For a quiet part of the island with nice places to eat I'd recommend staying in the Old town of Puerto del Carmen....around the harbour are some great restaurants and bars where you can guzzle steak and wine for half nothing. We stayed in La Florida apartments last time- wouldn't recommend them as very noisy but there are lots and lots of private apartments around old town, I'd say have a look on google!

Are there cockroaches in Lanzarote? They seemed to be everywhere in Tenerife a few years ago.

I didn't see any the twice I was there, although I did notice a lot of cats about the place!