lanzarote from shannon anyone?

clonboy

hi all, was thinking of trying to go to lanzarote from snn with ryanair for a week in december, is it best to book thru an agent or book flight s and hotel separate, it will be a family of four, any recomendations, was thinking the farionie apartments?
any recomendations please

As far as I know you cannot book with Ryanair through an agent you have to book direct - agent may book the flights but charge you extra.
I would suggest you price flights, transfers and booking the accommodation yourself and then price it with the agent. Book which ever is the cheapest.

Cheers for that, have looked at flights, now need to figure out accommodation options, would like a nice private villa really and figure out transport / transfers over there

Great thanks, have been looking at villas, naturally I'd like a recommendation from someone, don't want a scam,

have a look at las brisas, in Playa Blanca. PB is a quieter area, no real night life, but great food and on site, there is a pool. beaches are near and you are very close to town centre. Travel from airport woudl be around €50 by taxi, but it might be cheaper to hire a car for the duration, with pick up at airport. if interested try autoreisen.

What price range are you looking for? We stayed in a Villa in Lanzarote last year and are going back again early next year. Fantastic Villa, really well maintained. All mod cons. Heated pool. I booked with Ocean Club Holidays. We booked Aer Lingus flights in the sale and then the Villa separately. Working out about 500 euro each for flight and Villa. Very happy with this as I stayed in the Fariones bungalows also last year and paid 700. Much preferred the Villa (although the Bungalows were lovely too!).

In regard to booking through a travel agent or doing it directly yourself i have been booking through an agent for years in the knowledge that it may be cheaper to do it myself but because of laziness and a certain fear of the unknown i never took the plunge. However last month when i went to book my usual 2 weeks holidays in the Rosamer apartments in Puerto del carmen i was quoted a figure of approx 1900 euros. When i demurred at the cost the agent said she could arrange the flight and accommodation seperately and quoted 1440. I began to think that if i askedmy son to get the figures it might be cheaper. In fact the eventual cost was 955 euros which includes taxis from and to the airport. Apart from the major saving another big plus was from we arrived at Arrecive airport we got a taxi and were in our apartment in 20 minutes rather than wait for ages for the bus if done by charter. Likewise trip home much easier when using taxi. sorry for being long winded!

I have just booked flights to Lanzarote from Shannon with Ryanair in February for 100 euro each for myself and my partner and was very pleased with that price. I have now to book somewhere to stay I have been looking at apartments as I like to have self catering (home from home). I have narrowed it down to Barcarola apartments or Apartamentos Playa Mar as these seem to meet our needs best. I was looking for somewhere quiet (early to bed people) after a nice meal out. Can anyone out there who is familiar with either place help me make up my mind between the two places. Thanks

Would recommend the Bitacors apartments in Puerto Del Carmen. They have RTE 1 and RTE2, BBC and ITV and have kettle and toaster as standard. Five minutes walk to main beach.

Have you considered Thomsons, they fly from Cork via Shannon to Lazarote, and you will get a decent bagage allowance