Lanzarote - best place to stay (no kids).

askalot

Posted a thread yesterday and after some positive replies it seems like we may well go to Matagorda in Lanzarote. Somebody recommended the Sol Lanzarote apartments and they seem nice but on tripadviser.com some of the reviews say that it's full of children. We've nothing against children but not having any ourselves we'd hope to find an apartment/hotel that isn't over run. We're going in late Sept so it's outside of the school hols - that may help!

Any suggestions would be great.

We've stayed in the Los Fariones Hotel, Puerto Del Carmen. It was excellent - but that's only my opinion :). The food, service and selection of same can't be faulted. Do you like prawns!!! Access to a small private beach, the usual pools etc. Not many children there - they are catered for in the Los Fariones Apartments next door. Did I mention that the usual happens, the early birds put their towels out!!!! guess where :). Psst. it's a popular spot with Bertie, Celia and friends.

Cheers

hi, cant recommend somewhere to stay in lanzarote but can tell you of two places not to---- don paco and puerto del carmen apart hotel, cheap but very nasty!!! The los fariones did look beautiful from the road!!! the don paco is between matagorda and puerto del carmen(stay well away)

Hi..Squonk here...I was the one who recommended the Sol Lonzerote...I have two kids (2 and 3), believe me when we went to Sol Lonzerote back in April there were very little kids, apart from ours. I can't stand kids to be honest apart from my own! If you have an impression that the place is overrun by kids that's simply not true. If anything it's overrun by >60 Europeans. Talk to your traval agent; but from the email that you've sent Matagorda seems ideal to you. (PS For the records I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with Matogorada or the Sol Lonzarote).

hi askakot,

i was there in march and there was no kids what so ever 1 baby was all i seen by the pool.

Im so jealous i love lanzarote. Hope you have a good time

"No Kids" - That's good as they definitely won't let you bring baby goats to Lanzarote !!!!:) :)

I love the La Penita in the New Town of PdC, but my parents swear by the Las Cascadas apts in Matagorda - both in the Stein Travel brochure

Back