Languedoc in early May

lfcjfc

I've been to the Perpignan area in Jun/Jul time a few times and had great Summer weather. Looking at going around early May this year but concerned that it wont be warm enough to do the beach and swimming pool things that the kids like. Looked up the weather websites and temperatures look like early to mid 20s at best. Has anybody else visited this part of France outside of peak Summer months, and if so, what sort of activities were possible?

If I had a free choice I would choose to go in May when weather is warm but not too hot as in July/August. Fly direct Dublin or Cork to Carcassonne. Lots to do for adults & kids alike & if you want to go to seaside the Narbonne Plage is only 45 mins. away. Look at the Chateau de Cavanac web site for a lovely hotel set in a vineyard with nice pool. Great golf course too nearby.

have a look on [broken link removed] it gives list of events not much in yet for May but will fill up and also lots of suggestions of where to visit depending on the type holiday you are looking for. We always find the weather in May much more pleasant for sightseeing etc than July August and places are a lot less crowded,there is no shortage of places to visit to keep everyone happy if you were interested in a house with shared heated indoor pool have a look at [broken link removed] to keep kids happy. Just in relation to previous post its Shannon and Dublin with direct flights to Carcassonne Cork doesnt have flights there at the mo.