Landscapers

gargamel

I know its like asking how long is a piece of string but i have a 50ft x 60ft garden that i would like to have lanscaped by a professional (lawn, plants and maybe a water feature).
Does anyone have any idea of a rough cost of this.
I just need a ballpark figure. Can't seem to find anywhere aon the net with prices and would like to know what to expect before i go looking for quotes.

Sorry we don't appear to have any recommendations/info. on landscaping but if this previous thread is anything to go by its goin' to cost you a lot of money!

You’re unlikely to get a contractor for less than 10 grand. It’s not worth their while to take on a job for less as there’s plenty of work around. For the size of the garden you are talking about 15 – 20 g. If you are spending this type of money it would be worth your while to get a professional garden designer to design something. I did this and believe me it’s worth every penny. This should cost you about 1,500 - maybe more, and most garden designers will know a group of contractors from whom you can get quotes. One other way is to go up to the Botanical Gardens and talk to the horticultural students that work there. Some of these have ideas on going into business as garden designers, so you may be able to get someone to design a garden for you for a nixer, and probably get a few of his mates to construct it. Also, based on my experience, garden designers have the least business sense of any ‘professional’ in Ireland. I went to the Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilpedder where you can see exhibition gardens. Of the garden designers there I contacted, only 1 called me back. I made appointments with other guys none of whom ever showed up.

I've a 170ft back garden (don't know width but width of a semi-d average house). I'd a gardener do up design for me which roughly covered removal of old shrubs and trees, removal of old wonky path, new plants/trees/shrubs, brick kerbing on garden, raised brick herb bed, raised section in garden, new garden path and stepping stones. I loved the design. Unfortunately other half didn't!

Cost was 8500 (less VAT) and he was open to barganing - and some of the suggested design could be done cheaper (i.e. price included laying new lawn with truf rolls - v. costly). So all in all if I had the money, which I don't, it would have been worth it IMHO. Also he was willing to do in chunks of work, so therefore spreading the pay load for me.

HTH.

Back