Landrover - Freelander

Megan

My OH is thinking of buying a Landrover - Freelander 2007 commercial ie 2 seats and 5 doors. Anyone any advise on the Freelander?

I dont have any personal experience of them but my OH is the after sales manager for a few dealers, one being landrover. They are currently binning landrover because of the constant problems. He says there the worst vehicle on the road.

terrible,, not sure on the diesel, but the petrol is a waste,, once the head gasket blow s, its a night mare..

parts can be issues too later on

old freelander had problems- new freelander is supposed to be top class with old problems ironed out.

check out honest john

Cross it off OH's list, there are more consistently reliable small commercials "out there".

Pretty much anything Japanese made, German (or with German DNA like Seat, etc), but maybe excluding Opel (re-badged Vauxhall). IMHO stay away from French, Italian, and Japanese branded stuff made in UK (Nissan).

I hope more members contribute as my prejudices, based on personal experience mind you, are beginning to show again!

As per niallers, Freelander's reliability is supposed to be much improved from the previous generation (well that wouldn't be hard!)

However, If it was me parting with my cash, I'd go for something Japenese, maybe the Nissan Xtrail or Honda CRV

Last edited:
Back