Landrover Freelander reviews?

irishkiwi197

Hi, im going for a trade in looking at either the Kia Sorento or the landrover freelander, does anyone have any suggestions on which would be better, ie if there are any problems with either would I have difficulty sourcing parts etc? I am living in a country location, quite bad roads so looking for something that is comfortable for driving in these conditions, something sturdy and high up so that I can see a good bit around me.

I also have a preference for Diesel.

Thanks for any constructive comments you can make!

As far as I know FreeLander is not good to drive or own. NCAP safety rating is poor...as per Top Gear test...again as far as I remember.

Kia I know little about but online reviews should tell you more. I'd imagine they will depreciate very heavily...and to be honest I'd be surprised if they were up to much.

I was considering a freelander ...looks great ... but was warned off by too many people , bought a santa fe instead have a look on http//www.parkers.co.uk/cars/owners...aspx?range=404 for the freelander reviews

hi thanx for the info I have found that quite a few sites and people are saying the same thing about the freelander, think im going to give it a miss! Some good reviews are coming up on the Nissan X-trail and the Kia Sportage if anyone may have comments on either of these? a great website for the reviews ive found is www.whatcar.com, the website have their reviews and also list customer views........

hi thanx for the info I have found that quite a few sites and people are saying the same thing about the freelander, think im going to give it a miss! Some good reviews are coming up on the Nissan X-trail and the Kia Sportage if anyone may have comments on either of these? a great website for the reviews ive found is www.whatcar.com, the website have their reviews and also list customer views........

we had a freelander and the head gasket blew on it. common problem apparently. the recovery man who came to take it to the garage said that they were the most frequent car up on the truck!