Landrover Discovery?

snuffle

Anyone got any thoughts on this model? We are looking at an older model, circa 98/99 reg, it's a commercial 2 seater, and have heard mixed reports about comfort, reliability, fuel economy, etc....any advice appreciated!

I bought a new one in 1999. My Dad has it now. Neither of us have had any problems with it. Very reliable and economic enough for a jeep! My only complaint is that it is a bit bouncy! Not bad if you have a heavy load - you could always keep a bag of cement in the back! I have heard that the gear boxes can give trouble - in fact I had another one for the day while mine was being serviced and the gear box packed in while I was driving it! Pulled a double horsebox around the country over a few years too with no problems! Not a bad purchase if you can get a good one - my main advice is don't buy it from the Land Rover dealers in Cork!

Spicey

Thanks Spicey, we've decided to go ahead with it - buying from a private dealer and it seems in mint condition for a 98, was never used as a proper "work" vehicle so hopefully it will last us a while!
Cheers for the tips.