landrover discovery is it worth fixing

D

dunleas

91 2.5 Diesel but the timing belt is broken.Body work is great and I'm very attached but is it time to say goodbye???

Don't mean to sound cheeky but if, by any chance you want rid of it, I could take it of you for a project

I'm geting a quote for repair next week and if its too much I will take you up on it.

Find out if the engine is 'interference or 'non interference'.
If its non interference and the timing belt broke it should only be a case of replacing the timing belt but if its the other way it will cost a fair amount...more than its worth.

thanx 83.I rang main dealer 2day and they cant give final price until they examine damage.Only damage should be push rods and approx €950 to €1300? dosn't seem bad for main dealer prices what do you think?

I wouldn't have a clue how much it would to cost to fix one of those but that price doesn't seem to bad it that gets it up and running again.

Finally got sorted with new timingbelt.8 pushrods were bent and it needed a crank seal. Got an oil and filter change and two new fan belts.Total €680 , I recon if it keeps it running for another while its well worth it.
Thanks all for your input.

Back