Landen Road, Ballyfermot - noise / vibrations from railway?

dubgem

Hiya

Does anybody know if the houses on Landen Road in Ballyfermot that back onto the railway get is a lot of noise / vibrations from the railway?

Had relatives that lived there. When I was in the house I noticed the noise, but they were used to it and really did not hear it anymore.

Posting in reply to my own thread in case anybody is looking for the same info I was. I did buy a house that backs onto the railway and yes, you totally get used to the trains and tune them out. Even visitors barely remark on them. There is the odd loud one that you do notice, but none of them ever stop outside your bedroom window at 2 in the morning and blast rap music at full volume (unlike some roads I've lived on!).

An unexpected benefit of backing onto the railway is that there are no houses backing on to mine, so the garden is not overlooked (apart from by the neighbour on either side) and it feels incredibly private and secluded, but also totally secure.

In short, all positive

I have read that the Interconnector tunnel for the new line connecting the 3 key city centre stations; Tara St, Connolly and Heuston will terminate at the CIE works located behind Landen Rd.
Do you know if there will be pedestrian access from Landen Rd. to this station - it would do wonders for transport in the area if it was.
I've sent emails to two local petitions to start to lobby for this but I've got no reply from either.

Macstuff, you know more than I do, sorry. Although I have to say, the area currently is v well served in terms of buses, and the 79/a goes right by Heuston Station so I don't feel badly served by transport at all.