Land/Title Registry Fees

ftb_lee

Hey,
Just looking for a little help.. We're in the process of buying a house at the mo and I'm a little confused about the land registry.
The house is 360k and we were orginally quoted land registry of 500 from our solicitor, based on the land being valued at 360k. Now it looks like the land is registered as 100k the the house at 260k on it.
Does anyone know what the land/title registry would be on land valued at 100k? Tried looking it up and i can't find much info on it..
thanks in advance!

Its the value of the transaction i.e. house plus the land that is chargeable - not just the land.

Unless you are just buying the land - in which case, it would just be the value of the land that is chargeable.

So: are you buying a house? or buying a site?

mf

We're buying a new house..
ok that makes a little more sense. I spoke to a few solicitors before we bought and they said it depended on how the builder had registered the land and that if it was registered at 100k or 200k it would be a lot less than if they'd registered it at the full amount of 360k. The impression I got was that the max we'd pay was 500 but it could be less depending on how it was originally done.. So its defo on the full amount then of 360k?
Thanks MF, I'm just trying to budget for everything so we've no surprises!

It may be a contract to sell a site at 100,000 and a building agreement to build a house at 260,000. If that is the case then the land registry scale fees will only be on the 100,000 ( the transfer deed will be a transfer of a site at 100,000 only). But then there may be a separate fee for a new folio ( 60), a fee for a legal charge ( 125), a fee for a filed plan on completion ( 25) on top. And possibly other charges, though unlikely on a new build.

Yeah that sounds about right Vanilla, She mentioned two contracts, one for the builder and one for the land owners, and we did have to pay the new folio of 60 and fees of 125 then planning searches etc.
any idea of what the fees would be on a site of 100k? Thats great, could mean an extra few bob in our pockets as opposed to theirs!