Land registry search

Moral Ethos

Is it possible when a search is done on a property at the land registry to see if there were any dealings that were withdrawn or pending items that were then removed?

depends on how long ago. you can do an application search - it's free if you subscribe. You can search for pending and completed applications. I think that withdrawn/rejected dealings show if they are fairly recent (like last few years)

The fee of €125 would be prohibitive to most ordinary people.

What fee are you talking about? I didn't think they charged a subscription fee. If they do, I suppose you could attend in person - then there should be no charge

Ah - now I see - to subscrbe you need to lodge a minimum amount. Well - most solicitors already subscribe, so if the op could get his friendly solicitor to oblige - or go in personally...

You could try contacting the Land Reg directly to see if they could help you? They usually prefer requests in writing.

I would think that you would have to be the registered owner of the property and/or have a beneficial interest in the property that you're enquiring about.

I would think that you would have to be the registered owner of the property and/or have a beneficial interest in the property that you're enquiring about.
Not at all. Anyone can see any folio they want.