land of leather Praise

F

familyvalues

I would just like to say about L O L I know alot of ppl say they shouldnt be used due to this and that.
We bought a 3 + 2 leather recliner from them in September, We also Payed out the €325 for the 5 year cover. Now in January the recliners once they reclined they wouldnt go back in. We phoned up and there was someone out within 2 weeks, He said we needed new mechinisms for the recliner.
So he said he would be back within 3 weeks to fit them, I was like that would be gr8, 10 weeks later nothing, So i got onto L O L and explained, they got someone out within a week, he said that it wasnt worth replacing them as it would cost more than the recliners were worth. So we had to wait 4 weeks for the report to be sent to L O L. once they got it they phoned us up and said we could come down and pick a new suite. We did that last week when they had the mega sale on. We got a corner unit reduced from €2799 for €799. and also some lovely side tables. we are getting it delivered next week.
All the staff and Manager @ the Sandyford store are a real help. Oh and the Extended warrenty we had one the original one is being transfered to the new suite as the replacement is with a year of the manafacturs warrenty. Our old suite will be picked up when the new one is delivered free of charge.
THank You
Land Of Leather

Hi,

It's just my opinion but I wouldn't be happy at the delays you had to put up with. Sounds like a lot of messing around.

On the other hand, maybe that's just the way things are with furniture shops - my couches are 3 weeks overdue from Diamond Living but the delay actually suits me.

g

I wouldn't be happy with that level of service....but I would certainly have been happy with the bargain you got at the end.

I would be very unhappy with that level of service & certainly don't think it merits praise.

I bought some furniture from the UK via the internet...had a small problem with one item - emailed them, they mailed back ith in half an hour looking for more info. Agreed to replace a part and had it delivered to me within 3 days....now thats service!!

I think we have become soft (no pun intended) on issues like this. The vendor failed you on numerous occasions and had to do a deal at the end. If I defaulted on a payment to them in a similiar time frame, they would have no problem in persuing legal action.

I can see where the OP is coming from, problem finally solved etc.

However poor service in furniture delivery seems to be the norm rather than the exception, whether it be late deliveries, lack of information updates, calls not returned etc.

It's at the point where you are overjoyed for being treated with a bit of respect, something that should be a given.

you bought a brand new suite, it clapped up after a few months - took months to get a solution which involved having to get a new suite cos the old one wasn't worth fixing - was the old one on sale or did you pay a nice few quid for it?? now you still have a broken suite and have to wait for a new one to be sent out...which will be late, i'm sure.

personally, i'd be cracking up.
are you due a refund from returning the old suite versus the price of the new one??
LOL are desperate and i LOL at anyone that wants to praise them.

Last edited:
The wait we had was down to the company they have to fix there sofa's they are really slow, but the leval of service we got from LOL and there manager was top notch,

Well I'd insist that LoL sorted me out - they are the company you have the contract with after all. Not your problem that the manufacturer is a bit slow.

Your post reminded me of my delay and I contacted Diamond Living. They were very apologetic, have offered a suite to tide me over till mine arrives and will be giving me a discount. So I'm pleased enough with that.

Back