Laya Lana Health Insurance up for renewal

cloughy

Hi Snowyb,

My health insurance is up the end of the month, currently with Laya, myself and my wife on Simply Connect, and 2 boys (11&15) Essential Connect Family and wondering if these are the best policies to renew with.

Based in Dublin, so what we are looking for is good cover,
Semi-private in private hospitals,
Orthopedic and cardiac cover with minimal contribution (dont mind the per stay/treatment cost, but don't like the VHI 20% personal cost),
some dental work required but not sure if this is covered outside taking specific dental policy and then would be waiting period, so probably not that relevant
one of my sons had a procedure as an outpatient covered by Laya, and has had a follow-up consultation this year with probably another one to come, so anything back on these fees would be great,
apart from this day to day not cover not critical, as touch wood limited visits to GP/Physio per year,

We are all active and play sports,

Renewal for the 4 of us under current plan is €2,733 (up from 2,450 last year) so is this still the best policy we should be on or what are the alternatives to consider, and plan is due for renewal beginning of March,

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

Hi cloughy,

At the moment, there are a few alternative options for the children and Simply Connect would still be best option for the adults.
But, as your renewal is due in March, there may be price changes applicable from that date. Any changes in price will be posted on
the HIA website from the first week in February.
Regarding dental cover, Simply Connect would cover 50% of routine dental work such as extractions, fillings, check-ups and cleaning etc, upto
a max total of 500 per year. (50% of 1000 = 500).
I will update when the latest price details are available.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi cloughy,

Simply Connect is still best option for the 2 adults, and there are no price changes for March.

For the 2 children, it is still cheaper to opt for the Laya child offer, where you pay for the 1st child and the rest go free.
There's minimal savings by switching to option 1 if it suits. Plans with consultant refunds would not be cost effective overall.

1. Laya Essential Health 300; price 256pa( pay for 1 child and the rest go free); all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess
capped at 300 x 2 max per person per year for all private hospital admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.

2. Laya Essential Connect Family; price 274pa(pay for 1 child and the rest go free); all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess
capped at 300 x 1 max per 'family' per year for all admissions. Day case excess capped at 300 x 1 max per year for all day case procedures for the
2 children.

3. Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 375pa(pay for 1 child and the rest go free); all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private or hi-tech
excess 125 per admission and day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Back