Laminate on the upper floors.

kasko

Hi, guys, I am wondering what is a position on putting laminate on the first floor in an apartment block? The whole apartment block is timber-framed (prefab panel boards on the floor), ie. there's no concrete, so I suppose the impact noise could be quite bad.

I was told by an agent I had to put carpet and there's no alternative to that. Yet I don't want carpet in the hall and sitting/dining room!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

some leases say you cannot put laminate flooring down due to noise issues. if your neighbours underneath you complain, you will be forced to remove your laminate flooring and they would be within their rights to complain to the local council's enviro dept. i assume you have no children. if you do have children, they obviously drop their toys and bits and make a real racket when playing on the floor.

Hiya, I am just after flicking through my lease and found a clause:

"To keep all floors of the demised premises properly and adequately covered with suitable and resilient material.....so as to minimise the transmission of sound to other apartments or dwellinghouses."

It doen't particularly refer to wooden floor...
By the way, I do have a child, she's two

Thanks

I thought all apartment blocks were concrete floors, for noise and fire safety reasons ?

I thought the same when I was buying it off the plans. But when I went to see them, I realised they were not concrete. Ridiculous, I know....

I thought all apartment blocks were concrete floors, for noise and fire safety reasons ?

I agree. I cannot believe that an apartment block could be constructed with wooden floors. This just doesn't happen.

You can purchase a special underlay foam specially design to dampen noise (its thicker than the normal foam). not too sure if its any good?