Laminate Flooring - Problem!!

Zion

In the process of getting laminate flooring laid throughout my new apartment. Skirting boards and architrave already put in so workmen said that instead of taking it all off they would put beading around the edges and it would all look ok. Sounded fine to me but now have noticed that there is a big gap between where laminate ends and architrave starts - obviously this is not a straight edge so they couldn't put beading around it. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? It looks terrible so would appreciate any suggestions for making it look better!!!!

Not sure what an architrave is, but i got my floor down last week and there was a gap between the floor and the skirting board. It looked v strange and also wasnt very straight but the beading has covered everything as its about 2inches wide.

Had workmen got all tools necessary to do job properly? Sounds a bit rough, beading is lazy mans way.
Usually in a new apartment where flooring is not laid the builder should only tack skirting to wall for easy removal by floorers.
You can get a paste like a plastic wood that you could fill gaps with in most diy stores. Is not 100% but if done properly will look better than a gap.

Good luck

It's too late to do much about your situation now; when I lay laminate flooring (where skirting and architrave is already fixed) I cut off the end of the architrave, just enough to allow the flooring to slip under, quadrant or scotia moulding covers the gap at the skirtings. In your case you can get special silicone type sealants designed for filling gaps around laminate flooring, they come in various colours to match standard laminates.