Lake Garda, Venice, Amalfi Coast on Hooneymoon?

MPH

These are the choosen locations for our two week Hooneymoon in June. Would love to hear from anyone who has been as to recommended Hotels, Restuarants, Must Sees, Things we should Do etc.....

Many Thanks

Hi,

for the Amalfi Coast I cannot recommend the Hotel Oasi Olympia highly enough. Its about 15km from Sorrento, and 8km from Positano, so you are well situated to see the towns along the amalfi coast. A friend had been there on honeymoon and recommended it to me, and I couldnt have enojoyed it more. Its pricy enough (250E per night per room), but worth it.
For the Amalfi coast, everyone has their own opinions, but, even though they are lovely to visit, I found Sorrento too touristy and Amalfi, Positano and Ravello too remote to actually stay in. Thats why we stayed in a smaller village Santa Agatha, which wasn't touristy, but still near to all the sights. The views when driving along the coast are just amazing and unforgettable!
Enjoy!

Thanks for that. Tell me did you hire a car for drive along coast or go by coach? Some tell me it is a little hairy driving yourself and to take a coach but we would prefer to be on our own timetable rather than someone else's. Any opinions appreciated.

We spent two weeks in Italy last year. Starting in Venice, taking in Lake Garda, Tuscany and Florence. We stayed in www.locandaartdeco.com in Venice. You can spend hours in Venice just wandering around the narrow streets. A trip down the Grand Canal on a vaperetto is a cheap way of getting a feel for the place. St Marks Square and the Rialto bridge are also musts.

In Lake Garda we stayed a couple of nights in Riva le Garda which is quite touristy and not a whole lot to see/do. We also spent a couple of nights in Sirmione which is gorgeous. The town is closed to traffic and is a warren of narrow cobbled streets. We took a day trip to Verona from here. There is a cable car that takes you to the top of mount baldo from Malcesine (another town on the lake) which has great views.

We hired a car and drove from Venice to Lake Garda and on to Tuscany, ending up in Florence without any incidence.