Lake Como - Ryanair to Bergamo and then...

BOXtheFOX

Has anyone flown with Ryanair to Bergamo and then on to Lake Como. Just wondering how easy it is to put together a DIY holiday to Bellagio or similar?

We've been to the area a couple of times & would go back in a heartbeat. We went to Bellagio this time last year for a few days. The area is beautiful. We flew into Milan (Linate - I think). We stayed in Bellagio itself. Got a great apartment overlooking the church square. (Can't find the link at moment) Bellagio itself is quite small but has a good selection of restaurants etc. In the end we didn't use the car all that much (apart from to & from the airport) There are numerous ferries cris-crossing the lake from a high speed connection to Como to the slower ones that seem to stop at every town on the lake. Let me know if you want the apartment details & I'll try to dig them out.

Plenty of trains to Como from Bergamo. Very easy and not expensive.

I would highly recommend to stay in Bergamo for a night as well, lovely town and restuarants/bars in the upper side. Narrow cobblestone streets etc.
Have stayed in the Accor Hotel just 2 mins walk from the trains station a few times. Very very nice, modern and reasonable especially if getting in on late Ryanair flight.
Can walk down the street and then catch funicular to the upper town. Many peeps seem to fly to Bergamo and head straight to Milan but miss Bergamo.
Bellagio is very very nice but I found it boring, spent the whole time going up and down the lake on the ferries and stopping off in towns for a beer or coffee. Thats the type of holiday it is, lazying around. Ok for 2/3 nights. Boats run until 11.30 or 12 or maybe 12.30 so it was good fun. A one or day ticket was very reasonable. Can base yourself in Bellagio and go to another town for the night and get ferry home. That was cool.
Very beautiful, bring your swim togs for the lake.

Back