Lake Bled

joer

Hi there

I would like some info on getting from The Airport in Slovenia to Lake Bled,by public transport. Is the journey long by train,is there a train station in Bled or Perhaps by Bus . Not going to hire a car

Thanks .

The airport website lju-airport.si gives up-to-date bus timetables:-
1) from the airport to Kranj (the town next to the airport; the actual city of Ljubliana is over 20 kms south of the airport. Don't head into the city -you will be going in the opposite direction from bled)
2)from Kranj to Bled.

If there's two of you it may be worth grabbing a cab from the airport to the Kranj bus station. And if there's four of you you could bargain with the cabbie on getting to Bled. I was told by a family two years ago they paid about fifty euros from airport to Bled.No idea of accuracy but worth finding out when you get there.

Thanks Oldnik

Would you know what is the best Airport to fly into from Dublin. There does not seem to be any direct flights to Ljubljana airport.

When we went to Lake Bled, we flew from Dublin to London - to Slo... Unfortunately we had to sit in Stanstead for a couple of hours!! So a book is needed for the wait!

I was on a work trip - so we got collected from the airport..So can't help on the public transport..

Maybe Dublin to Venice and then onwards for a night in Trieste before heading via Ljubljana?

Given the difficulties in flying direct to Slovenia perhaps it might be an idea to avail of a package holiday to Lake Bled.

Crystal holidays are worth a look ( I have no connection with this firm)

I hadnt realsised that you hadn't got a flight to Ljubliana in which case you are rather stuck. A bit of a drag getting there and I'm unsure if there are still any packages left at this time of year -which as suggested above is the best idea.

however, the best alternative is Easy Jet with daily flights ex Stansted with resonable prices if booked ahead, and at at good connecting times for the Dublin -Stansted flights with Ryanair.
But you must must must give yourselves at least a couple of hours between flights because if you miss a connecting flight you're on your own.

You could, if you like scenery and a bit of interesting travel, go one way to Ljubiana and one way via Klagenfurt(Ryanair Stansted and I think somewhere else in UK) But you must stay in Klagenfurt for a day or so and look around -WortherSee etc.
There's a train from klagenfurt that goes within a couple of miles of Bled- may need a change at Jesinice.
Easy Jet is best way but Klagenfurt suggestion adds a bit of fun.
You need to study Klagenfurt flight timings to see feasability of this idea.