Lake Bled

joer

Would somebody please tell me what is the best time to go for the best weather. Which is the best Airport to fly into for someone not going to drive.And the best part to go to.

Thank you.

See the search option on the Tripadvisor Forum for lots of information. Just search Lake Bled. Sorry as a newbie I am not allowed to post any links.

You can fly to Ljubljana directly from Dublin on Saturdays with Adria Airways. Ljubljana airport is pretty much half way between the city and Bled and hotels etc will collect you. Bled is lovely and Slovenia is a really nice place to visit.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Bled is very nice to see. Better to be there outside the real tourist season which is now finishing/ finished. Adventure sport is the main thing to do here, lake is quite nice too. Ljubiana as mentioned would also be nice to see along the way. IF you have an extra day/ two would reccomend Plitvice in north Croatia, 3.3 hours by car from Bled according to google maps, public transport went there 3 years ago anyway, bet it still goes now direct from Ljubiana. Plitvice is stunning. Nearest airport to Plivice flying Dublin, I think is Zadar (city worth a quick look)-cheap Ryanair flight possible. Then could return from Ljubiana with Adria airways as above. 2 tourist caves in Slovenia, Postiama and Scotciama (my spelling is pathetic!), I went to one of these before, not sure which and was great to see. Enjoy it

Thanks for the replies.

I am not going this year , just thinking ahead for possibly next year.I am sure that June July and August would be very hot but thinking of perhaps April or September.

Back