Lack of beautician services in Dublin

Lauren

This is mainly for the female AAMers but guys feel free to jump in if you have an opinion.....

Having just returned from Australia where it was easy to find a beautician or a beauty salon in most malls, suburbs etc..I'm sensing a distinct lack of this service in Dublin...Any time I have tried to find one theres practically a two week waiting list for an appointment......Is there a market therefore for more salons?

Really!!

I'm surprised. I'm in Cork but they are readily available here. Every village will usually have one and most shopping centres. Plus the city centre. I usually make appointments for various salons on the day no problem.

Are you looking at the more exclusive ones?

No definitely not...middle of the road type, high street, shopping mall etc..

I think there's quite a number in Dublin already, never had much of a problem getting appointments. Whereabouts do you think there's a lack of them?

Try this place, wouldn't say there service is outstanding but they do the job..
www.blow.ie

I'd say North city, Drumcondra area...Maybe I'm not travelling enough...One place I've been to has people waiting ages, rushes you in and out and doesn't have a clue about customer service or a relaxing experience..

Girlfriend goes to Beauty at the Blue Door, Drumcondra or else Primrose Salon, oposite Bons Secours hospital

I'd agree with the majority of beauticans in Dublin, rushing you in and out and not having a clue about customer service, but that's Irish customer service for you! Rubbish imo! And not just beauticans!

At least 339 beauty salons in Dublin according to the [broken link removed]. And don't forget that not every business lists in the GP. Is that too few?

I know this was posted a long time back but I do find it hard to find a real quality salon who doesn't rush people in & out all the time. A beauty salon is suppose to be about "YOU" who's looked after!
Well check out my posts. I'm becoming a beautician & I can asure you I will be offering TOP QUALITY SERVICES to all... When I am certified that is :D

This is mainly for the female AAMers but guys feel free to jump in if you have an opinion.....

Having just returned from Australia where it was easy to find a beautician or a beauty salon in most malls, suburbs etc..I'm sensing a distinct lack of this service in Dublin...Any time I have tried to find one theres practically a two week waiting list for an appointment......Is there a market therefore for more salons?

I note you said Drumcondra but if you know the omni shopping centre there is one just beside it called Beauty Laine, the girls are lovely and the prices are very reasonable also , no being rushed in and out.

OP new shop open in Omni - Kate Elizabeth day spa I go there quite a bit now, its very nice, lovely massage chairs while your feet soak in bubbles very nice :)

I tried to book a manicure recently for a friday morning. Rang 3 places on wed, nothing doing, tried the nail bar in the local (north county dub) shopping centre and no way. So I guess it depends.

Aha! I know exactly where Lauren is coming from. Having spent many a happy hour in Crow's Nest, a suburb in Sydney, where one would be forgiven for thinking the whole neighbourhood was designed to either feed or beautify you. Prices are pretty good and there is sooo much competition, the service is excellent.

Aah happy days, roll them on again!

I tried to book a manicure recently for a friday morning. Rang 3 places on wed, nothing doing, tried the nail bar in the local (north county dub) shopping centre and no way. So I guess it depends.

Beauty Laine
(01) 8623993
313 Swords rd, Santry

Back