La Manga Club Resort (Murcia)

marycanary

Just wondering if anyone has been here and if they would recommend it? Theres a little bit of info on tripadvisor and it seems generally positive.
The resort seems to be divided up into areas (El Rancho,Bellaluz etc) - any one area better than the others?

We stayed in the Los Lomas apartments beside the fantastic Spa, not actually beside the La Manga hotel but they were very spacious and upmarket. Good kids club, golf course, nice weather and easy to arrange a babysitter. The two you mention I don't know anything about but La Manga/Los Lomas are very well run. By the way La Manga itself is very British (this is neither a positive or negative comment)

We stayed there a few years ago with friends who go there nearly every year. I didn't go back because I found it too enclosed and you would definitely want a car to excape - my kids played golf there but unless they are into that or tennis (maybe things changed) there is just the pool the beach is a bus ride away but it is small and very rocky little sand - I think it depends what you want from a holiday probably good for sheer relaxation but if you dont want to go into a car to go and do some shopping look at somewhere else as I say our friends love the place but as I say can's see the attraction myself

Thanks for the feedback.
Quiet & relaxing is what I am after, not bothered about shops etc so sounds perfect.
Bronte - do you mind if I ask who you booked your accommodation through?
Was it directly with the resort management or through another website?

Booked direct, it was cheaper at that time (about 3 years ago), flew I think to Alicante but maybe it was Murchia. Ring them before you book, you never know it might be cheaper by phone.