L-Plates in danger of extinction

Romulan

A car passed me yesterday with a full set of L-Plates and it made be realise how rare they are now.

Perhaps they are being replaced by BABY ON BOARD thingys as they seem to be what speeds by these days. I suppose when the speed limit is your minimum speed you don't need to see out the back window?

Maybe the L-Plates are being killed by mobile phones?
Step forward ladies, you are the worst offenders followed by gravel lorries.

Heard on the radio last week that approx 6000 people have been brought to court for non-display of L-plates, each facing fines of up to 1000 euro.

How many for mobile phones I wonder?

I see it every day, people driving through villages, roundabouts, on to the M50 and all on the mobile phone.

Its not like phone kits are expensive any more.

A car passed me yesterday with a full set of L-Plates and it made be realise how rare they are now.

Perhaps a bumper sticker campaign would help or maybe Pat Shortt could write a song.....:cool: "does your L-plate lose it's colour on the back shelf overnight" , or something like that.

Has anyone noticed the occasional pratice of L-plates being put on backwards or sideways? I mean, how difficult can it be to put on an L-plate so that it looks as intended? It's a single letter - not exactly Countdown stuff.

Personally, I think that anyone driving with a skewed L-plate should have their car taken away from them. If tjhey can't get this bit right, should they really the freedom to operate moving machinery in public?

Back