L Plate

aslan

Are there any rules about where to put L plates on the car???? I've been told they must be put in the top left hand corner of the windscreen and the bottom right of the back - but I can't find any info on this in the rules of the road or anywhere else. The only thing I've found is that they must be displayed front & back. Got a test coming up and don't want something so trivial to cause probs!!! Can easily move me L plates but now am just really curious as to where this rule can be found!! Thanks

As far as I know as long as they are not obstructing your view anywhere in the corners of the front and rear window should be OK.

Nothing definitive on the driving test web site either:
"L" Plates:
Your vehicle (unless it is a work vehicle or motorcycle) must display an "L" plate front and rear. The plate should be a red "L" on a white background.

i have seen them in placed in the weirdest places - the worst was in front of the steering wheel :eek:. Better than that is the onles that are put on backwards! And the ones that arnt stickey and are supposed to be put on inside are actually placed outside :rolleyes: witing for the rain to wash them off.

For best results ie visablility place at
front left top (passenger side )
rear right top (drivers side)

I also keep my Tax/ins up on top right too it give ya more visability

Top L/h side on Front windscreen.
Bottom R/h side in rear screen.

That was the rule when I did my driving test a good few years ago but my wife only did her's a few months ago and it was still the rule.

Bottom R/h side in rear screen.

Well from a Visability point of view i will have to dissagree with this! I no its only a 13cm square but i thisk its best placed somewhere where ya dont need to see! Top is best for me :)

Mr2 Do you know where I can find this rule? In all the sites it just says they need to be displayed front & rear. My instructor has now mentioned this too but where oh where is it written????????

From inside out. When your on siting in the drivers seat, the front one will be at your left at the top and the rear one will be behind your right shoulder on the bottom.

Back