Kusadasi

annamarie87

Hi all, Im going to kusadasi turkey in 2weeks for one week with my partner for the first time. Any recommendations on where to go,see, what to avoid and do you think we should exchange our euro to lira or just stick with euro?
We are also stayin in Palmin 4star, anyone stayed there before? iv read mixed reviews!

I think there are other posts on AAM about Kusadasi. I was there 2 years ago. Loved it. Beautiful place. People very friendly. Quite cheap. Main transport is the Dolmus minibuses which are everywhere, very frequent and very cheap. Taxis also reasonable but agree fare at start of journey. I brought a little lira but almost everything priced in lira and euro is gratefully accepted everywhere. Loved going to port area in the morning to sit in one of the many cafes and watch the cruise ships come and go. I suppose the main tourist attraction is Ephesus and Virgin Mary house. Daily excursions go there. Ephesus can be quite tedious if you are not into ancient history - the heat there can be intense and there is no hiding place. I know nothing about Palmin but remember 4 star in Ireland is better than 4 star in Kusadasi. We stayed in 4 star but ate out most nights as we didn't like turkish food.

I would agree with oldtimer really enjoyed my stay there - even went back again - not like me - too many places to see. I loved Ephesus we had great guy showing us around a retired professor and I felt I was back living there in that era. My brother in law stayed in the Pamin and we visited him there it is owned by an Irish man from Clare we stayed in a sister property owned also by him. The Palmin was a nice hotel but they were so strict on what you could bring in from the shop (this was a few years ago) they wanted you to buy everything in the hotel everything much more expensive. Food so cheap when you eat outside we found a few good places but I'm afraid the names escape me after all this time. We also booked our tours outside the hotel and not with travel agents you will get them much cheaper up the street we got the name of very good company and used him all the time half the price Sunworld were charging us. The driving is frightening though they have a very bad accident rate.

Back