Kusadasi

sarahfleming

Hello,

I am thinking of going with the family to Kusadasi for a holiday from Cork. Could anybody tell me what is the best way to travel to Kusadasi from Cork as there seems to be several flight options, bearing in mind also cheap flights and accommodation also.

All suggestions welcome

ive been to kusadasi 3 times in the last 3 years and absolutly loved it. people say it seems to get rough but in all the 3 years ive been ive never seen anything bad. the hotels ive been to are the palmin 4 star, the seapearl 4 star and the sea light 5 star. my favourite has got to be the palmin. its absolutly fantastic. its great location, the staff are impecable and the best in the world. they cant do enough for you. the hotel has its own spa downstairs which is amazing too. it has 3 restaurants, 1 italian, 1 mexican and 1 chinese. everyone of them are amazing. theres also entertainment at the hotel and once e week they have a bbq which is a must..... fantastic night with the most amazing food. all in all kusadasi is fantastic. we went to this restaurant for 12 nights running called 'Saray' all i can say is YOU HAVE TO GO. staff food and entertainment at the restaurant is top class..... let me no if u need any other info. we booked through sunworld but as far as i no sunway do it now too....

Stayed in Marmaris flew from Dublin to Dalyman,loved it,people are so nice,food is gr8,been 3 times now,dying to go back,dental work is real cheap aswell.

It depends on the type of holiday you like. I stayed in the Palmin for a week last year. It was definitely an ok place to stay without being spectacular. Maybe I'm fussy or perhaps I'm a bit older than ilovepink !

The one thing that really got to me is the hard sell everywhere. You couldn't walk down Ladies Beach in the evening without being half dragged into some restaurant or other. As for the markets it nearly drove me crazy.

The scenery is beautiful and very interesting sights to see in Ephesus & Pamukkale and a Turkish bath is a wonderful experience.

It's worth going but I just thought I'd give you the other side for a bit of balance. One good thing is that it's very reasonable.

Hello,

thanks for all the comments. It has been helpful. Do the package holidays, e.g. Sunworld, only travel at specific dates? Are these direct flights? What airport do they fly into in Turkey?

I went with Sunway ( I think !) direct flight with Onurair from Shannon to Bodhrun, then coach transfer to Kusadasi. They fly from Dublin too but Shannon might suit you better from Cork.

Any holiday is what you make it. Hope I didn't put you off! I did enjoy my own trip but it's not exactly a place I'd be rushing back to. If you just want a relaxing by the pool type of holiday it's fine. Also the sun definitely shines which is a real bonus.

Roughly 3hours flying if I remember correctly. If you fly with Onurair they don't really serve meals so it's wise to bring something to eat with you. They seem more interested in selling duty free goods than serving tea/coffee etc. Maybe that just my impression as well but they were the worst airline I've ever flown with. Ryanair seem wonderful in comparison ! They did get me home & back safely which I suppose is the main thing.
I know I sound like a grouch, but I'm just warning you of the downfalls. If I'd known what to expect it would have made it all easier.

Kusadasi is truly beautiful. Restaurants & shopping very reasonable and the weather in season is very good. I was there in July and it was way too hot..........over 40* most days. Enjoy. All travel is an experience.

i totally agree with perplexed about Onurair.. they are a total disaster. worst ive ever experienced. its def advisable to bring your own food as i had to q up in the forward galley for tap water.... didnt even sell bottled water. my flight was 3.25hrs. but goes fast. when u arrive at bodrum airport u must pay a visa entry of ten euro per person. u mut have the exact money because they dont give u change..... dont forget... enjoy the hols.

Back