Kudos to the F.A.I.

Deiseblue

The FAI have reduced prices by an average of 30% & offered a rebate of €40 to previous season ticket holders who renew their ticket.

They are bringing in a children's season ticket for €55.

A total of 7 games - 3 competitive fixtures & the possibility of a play off fixture & 3/4 friendlies.

The cost of my renewal for the East Stand Upper is €149.

Good to see the FAI responding to recessionary times.

When they sold the FAI Cup Final tickets for €10 and marketed it heavily they got a great crowd. People will still go to games but value is key

It's a cracking deal, especially the childs ticket for €55. The next generation of fans

Good to see the FAI responding to recessionary times.

Responding to people voting with their feet judging by recent attendences.
Didn't the recent change in the way TV money is calculated result in a bit of a windfall for the FAI. This has probably allowed them to make less on the tickets.

A welcome move all the same.

Shawady - you are right on the attendances probably opened their eyes but there are other factors to take into account for the low attendances, the team on the pitch not doing great in some games.

Most matches are close together also which means that if you are going to go to both its probably the bones of about €80 for the 2 matches, which goes up if you are bringing a family. Meaningless friendlies also dont help.

But I think it s good move by the FAI, I have seaon ticket from the last round and welcome the price changes even though i am only paying for one. I would hope that the people who take advantage would get to see some more domestic soccer on the back of it, I know the Ford FAI cup final is going to be played there, but would be nice if they could get one more in. It could even be offered as a freebie match, just turn up and go on in.