Kris Kringle Present for Sisters-in-Law.

gocall01

Well here we are again, how do I get the toughest Kris Kringle's every year.
Have had my Mother-in-Law the last 2 years.:(

Right so, general background:
Sister-in-Law #1 (~30) - (brother's wife):
Likes creature comforts, pregnant, due in February, moving into newly built house before Christmas (fingers crossed for them).
Shopping appears to be the main pastime.

Sister-in-Law #2 (~30) - (wife's sister):
Big into animals and country living, has her own horses, donkeys, sheep & hens.
Grows her own veggies.
Hill walking, traveling and cinema appear to be the other main pastimes.

Well all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Price = €100-€200.

For sis-in-law 1, how about a box of goodies from Lush? They do some products that are particularly geared towards pregnant women too. Check out for information, or call into the shops and talk to the incredibly helpful staff. Mind you, much as I love Lush myself, I think spending €100 - €200 in there might be just a touch OTT ;) Maybe combine it with a gift card for her favourite homewares shop, given that they're about to move into a new house?

For sis-in-law 2, who sounds a very outdoorsy sort of person, how about a pair of boots from Ecco? They do a lovely range of tough hiking boots that are made from Goretex, and are guaranteed to keep your feet dry. I think they cost over €100.

A nice set of goodies from Brown Thomas? Eg, basket of Clarins products including cleanser, moisturiser, etc. I think any one woman would appreciate a present like that and with your budget you can really get a good package. Or vouchers for spa treatments - maybe something the three of you could do together?

Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll definitely be looking into the "Lush" line, I've seen the shops ;)
The vouchers etc. were something I had thought of but I'd prefer to use them as a last resort.

Will need to find out how new the latest hiking boots my other sis in law has are.

Thanks.

Any other suggestion also still very welcome.

Happy to help :)

By the way, as an alternative to hiking boots, there are all sorts of funky wellies available these days. Practical yet stylish :)

If you are considering Lush I would recommend ordering online through the Lush website - www.lush.co.uk as it is far cheaper.
I have been using lush for a few years now and they do some amazing gifts.
If you are looking to splash out I would definately recommend a gift called Merry Christmas. If you are planning on spending that amount of money then this is definately work it. I got one during the week and it has all the Christmas bath stuff and soaps etc in it. Its really really nice.
Online on the website this costs £70 sterling add the standard £9.95 delivery fee and it comes to £80 which is about 95euro. In stores here it costs 125euro! I now buy everything direct as I can get more for my money. This gift comes in a lovely box and is really special. If you want other gift recommendations from Lush I would be glad to answer. You can always check out the gifts in store and order online after.

If you are considering Lush I would recommend ordering online through the Lush website - as it is far cheaper.
I have been using lush for a few years now and they do some amazing gifts.
If you are looking to splash out I would definately recommend a gift called Merry Christmas. If you are planning on spending that amount of money then this is definately work it. I got one during the week and it has all the Christmas bath stuff and soaps etc in it. Its really really nice.
Online on the website this costs £70 sterling add the standard £9.95 delivery fee and it comes to £80 which is about 95euro. In stores here it costs 125euro! I now buy everything direct as I can get more for my money. This gift comes in a lovely box and is really special. If you want other gift recommendations from Lush I would be glad to answer. You can always check out the gifts in store and order online after.

After all this "Lush" advice I've just realised there is no bath in the house my brother & his wife are building!
No possibility of long soaks then :(.
However, at least I known what I'm getting my wife now.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming...
Cheers!

After all this "Lush" advice I've just realised there is no bath in the house my brother & his wife are building!

Cheers!

Ah, but Lush do more than just bath stuff! Shower gels, soap, shampoo, body lotions, face masks ... Just steer clear of the prepacked gift boxes. The staff in the shops will pack individual selections into a box and wrap it up for you, if you like. The online shop won't, unfortunately (although they used to).

Or vouchers for spa treatments - maybe something the three of you could do together?

I assumed the OP was a lady - I'm not sure why! So perhaps it might be a little odd for you and your two sister in laws to go off and get facials or whatever together!

I assumed the OP was a lady - I'm not sure why! So perhaps it might be a little odd for you and your two sister in laws to go off and get facials or whatever together!

Mention of "wife's sister" was a dead giveaway that the OP is male ... :p

Anyways, there's nothing to say a man can't have a facial :D

Not at all, however I may take a little longer at the waxing station!!!

OK, Wife & Sister-in-Law #1 sorted!!!
Still a bit iffy on Sister-in-Law #2.
Any alternative ideas out there?

my recommendation for both sister-in-laws would have been Orla Kiely handbags! They are the sort of thing many of us want, but can't justify the Eu145-200 price range, so have to depend on the kindness of strangers ;)
Second sister in law amy well like as the plastic coating would be practical for her, first sister in law because the rest of us females can spot them at 100m!

Cheers!

How could you build a house and not put a bath in it?

How about something from Joules for sister-in-law 2? I have similar interests
to her and love their range of clothing and accessories. It's really hard-wearing,
outdoor stuff (including wellies) is warm and fashionable. They deliver to Ireland
for £9. See website below:

[broken link removed]

Good luck.

I have no affiliation to this company, just a happy customer.

Back