Krackow

J

joer

I would be grateful for info on a break here. Thinking of May. Hotels close to tourist attractions. Good places to eat etc.

hello.
krakow is a wonderful place. I stayed in Hotel Logos, less than a 5 min stroll from the main square. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well located. The best places to eat seem to be located in Market Sqaure, for example an Italian restaurant, La Pietro, came to a total of 14 euro p.p for a three course meal. Krakow is quite easy to naviagate around. Our hotel was a 10 min walk to the train station were you could get a train to Aushwitchz for 10zlotte (just over 2euro) (Avoid the taximen who will try and sell you a trip there..its still relatively cheap, but cheaper if you go your own way) The saltmines can be reached by bus beside the train station. any other queries just ask, i was there two weeks ago.

http://www.podaniolami.pl/ fantastic cellar restaurant where you can eat like a king at McDonalds prices and I am not joking. Also Balaton, Hugarian but the portions are huge, music and drink again for a about the price of a starter in Dublin! Krakow is simply wonderful in every respect. We went twice, first time stayed at Regent and last time Batory which is closer to centre. Great hotels for again very little. Lovely friendly people, great bars, culture - going back again in the autumn I hope!!

Thanks very much. Both Ryan Air and Aer Lingus prices seem similar did you find that?

http://www.podaniolami.pl/ fantastic cellar restaurant where you can eat like a king at McDonalds prices and I am not joking. Also Balaton, Hugarian but the portions are huge, music and drink again for a about the price of a starter in Dublin! Krakow is simply wonderful in every respect. We went twice, first time stayed at Regent and last time Batory which is closer to centre. Great hotels for again very little. Lovely friendly people, great bars, culture - going back again in the autumn I hope!!

Amazing restaurant. Well worth checking it out. I stayed in Wawel Hotel, less than 5 minutes from the main square. Highly recommended. If you're interested in a trip to Auschwitz we hired a taxi and driver for the day for E60 for 4 of us!! That was bring us to both the museum and the camp and wait around for us. Brought us for breakfast too before we left for Auschwitz! He then dropped us back to the hotel. Spotless clean car and a lovely, polite driver. Krakow is amazing. Great food, lovely people, excellent bars (check out The Piano Rouge in the main square for some jazz. The coolest bar ever!) Krakow would give any major European city a run for it's money.

The other posters have said it all - Krackow is a lovely city. By default I stayed in a lovely hotel in the Jewish Quarter and having been there I would recommend if you are intending to go to visit Auschwitz, do go to the Jewish Quarter first - it will give you a real sense of the reality of the situation - I went to the museum as well as the other synogogue's in the area before going to the camp. The Jewish bookstore in the quarter is also well worth a visit.

Also in the Jewish quarter there are some amazing kosher restaurants - the food is excellent and there's usually some traditional yiddish type music - I thought it was very poignant - and although the restaurant was on the tourist trail I was amazed at the price of the food for the quality - think it was about 20 euro a head for starter, main course, dessert and wine.

This area can be busy during the day as it is on the tourist trail but it was quiet in the evenings.

It is a city I would definitely re-visit.

Krakow is great. Got engaged there on my 4th visit last April and have serious plans to go back again. Check out the Pod Sloncem (I think that is how it is spelt). It's another cellar restaurant and it's on the main square. Got a 4 course meal in it (with wine) for about €15 each. Great quality and friendly service but you would need to book.

Also was at the Balaton as well a few times, gorgeous.

However find Polish beer blows the head. 3 pints and thats that.

Must be losing my ability as I get older

Back