Knauf Quilt Insulation

lfcjfc

A second insulation company that quoted for insulation in my new build has recommended Knauf Superquilt - has anybody used this insulation, and if so, would you recommend it?

Knauf are a reputable company. However they are more known for their gypsum plasterboard products. is it the 'rafter roll 32' product?? They are distributors for other companies (crown, rocksilk etc)... exactly what product is it???

and also remember that its quite possible that this product alone may not achieve minimum u values, you may need secondary insulation like composite plasterboard etc....

Hi Sydthebeat,

I think that it was CrownQuilt and SuperQuilt that was recommended for ceiling and roof pitch. They quoted v low u-values for very thin layers - got my interest but almost sounds too good to be true

i have the specs in my hand - i asked the guy giving me an insulation quote to give me details andhe'sgiven me the wrapper:

thermal resistance 6.100 m2 k/w
thickness 25mm

in most applications its quoting 0.16w/m2 k
thats on a pitched roof as the only insulation with no materials between the rafters.

labc system approved????
ybs insulation yorkshire

stay away from that product.

theres plenty of threads already on 'multifoil' products.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=51300&highlight=multifoil
this one explains why they have been banned in places.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=76844&highlight=multifoil
this one explains more.
As show in this thread, these products are ok to use as a vapour check with 'some' insulative properties, but cannot be used in place of insulation.
Its all explained above, and you really should let whoever the saleman was that the product hes trying to flog isnt approved as a 'stand alone' insulation product.

Stay away from any product that has not been tested to approved standards.
These standards would primarily be BBA or IAB certification.
That local authority certification really is meaningless. especially since its dated 2006..... geez, they really are clutching at straws now!!!

Back