Kitchens! Help.....

teachnua

Hi All,

We need some advice , we are putting in a kitchen into a new build.... we are going for a solid door, granite worktops etc, but we just cannot decide whether we should go with cream or oak....any suggestions??? we have no kids (yet!)... I love the cream, but i am afraid that it will go out of date, be hard to keep clean etc

Thanks a mil!

hi
i have cream and it looks the part. not hard to keep clean really, just a wipe every now and then, the same as any kitchen. then again we dont have any kids either.

How about a cream worktop and solid oak doors. Ive seen it done and looks lovely.

i really love the cream, as its nice and bright etc... If we do decide to go with the oak, we more than likely will go with a light counter top... its just so hard to decide and we are spending quite a bit on it, and i dont want to be tearing it out again in 10years!! thanks for the replies!!

we have cream kitchen and cream speckled granite and the counter is lovely and bright but not hard to keep clean cos of the speckles. I think the cream kitchen is lovely cos it makes the room feel nice and bright - we do have kids and its still OK. If you had a really really bright room oak is lovely but it does create a much darker feeling overall.

Cream doors look lovely and bright. Regarding cleaning, if they have a smooth finish then a wipe will do. However... once I rented a flat with cream doors that had a texture woodgrain finish and they were the filthiest things... I was constantly scrubbing!

Do this google image search for "oak kitchen" and you will see it is about 50/50 on the worktop colour dark or cream.

I personally went for black (star galaxy) worktop and oak doors.