Kitchens: Cash&Carry vs Panelling Centre

Peachie

Can anyone offer advice on these 2 companies? Haven't met with anyone in the Panelling Centre yet but got a great design and very reasonable price from Cash&Carry. Unfortunately though C&C have a very limited range of sinks and worktops. Would love to hear from anyone who has been there done that with either company.
TIA

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

We have had many previous threads on both companies so if you run the search option in this forum you are sure to get plenty of info.

Best of luck with the new kitchen.

Hello, I was in both Cash and Carry (Sandyford) and The Panelling Centre (Sallynoggin) on Saturday and thought the panelling centre had a far better range. They do insist though much to my disappointment that you make an appointment well in advance for your CAD design to show you how your kitchen would look and I was told that there is a wait of at least 3 weeks. On the other side, the people in cash and carry were helpful, honest and if you like what you saw and have a good price, go for it.

I dont know if there is a price difference and this is just a personal view, but I think that the panelling centres stock were of a better quality thank C&C.

You can get your own sink and worktop somewhere else so don't let C&Cs limited options stop you going for them.

I got Panelling Centre kitchen and C&C wardrobes and the kitchen isn't perfect and theres nothing wrong with the wardrobes although of course they get less use than kitchen so its not fair to compare. I'd say C&C kitchens are fine though and have heard good things from people who have one. Our fitter said downside of C&C is their stock comes from Cork so if any components of kitchen are missing it can take a while to get them delivered. This isn't an issue with P Centre.

Hi Peachie,

We were limiting ourselves to C&C and the panelling centre when we were looking at our kitchen and weren't entirely happy that they couldn't provide anything that was a different cut/size/shape, as our kitchen had some akward areas.

At the request of my mother, we went to a place in Cavan and the guy designed our kitchen in Cad (at no cost), we looked at units, designs etc, and thought about it...basically for a more detailed, better fitted kitchen, we paid €700 less than c&c - would defo recommend heading out of dublin.

Looking for a kitchen at the moment, i'm in the Meath area, Newbie what is the name of the kitchen company in Cavan?

Looking for a kitchen at the moment, i'm in the Meath area, Newbie what is the name of the kitchen company in Cavan?

It was called the Kitchen Mall and it's in Ballinagh - take the left at the roundabout into the town. The owner is Seamus

I found Kane and Co in Baldoyle very professional and good. Got a good design for a tricky job. Very happy with my kitchen.

Panelling Centre is okay though.

Hi Margareth, welcome to AAM.

In accordance with our [broken link removed], can you confirm whether you have any association with this company other than as a satisfied customer?

Thanks,
Leo

Hi Margareth, welcome to AAM.

In accordance with our [broken link removed], can you confirm whether you have any association with this company other than as a satisfied customer?

Thanks,
Leo

No, I don't have!

My sis-in-law bought C&C kitchen, and she said never again. Measurements are done from paper plans which often can be couple of mm out from actual kitchen dimensions. So some gaps. Doors hinges became loose and fitting wasnt brilliant. But she got what she paid for she said.

I think the secret is to get a really good kitchen fitter experienced at measuring etc.
We got a Panelling Centre kitchen, and our fitter was responsible for the entire fit-out, receiving delivery etc.
Couldn't be happier.
Got a kitchen that looks expensive for quite a reasonable price.

We have also gone down this route recently and decided that the C&C kitchen is better value. We are getting good quality appliances and a quartz countertop which will make the whole thing seem more expensive than it actually is. We did find the panelling centre more thorough when it came to appliances fitting in certain spaces etc. We came out of the panelling centre knowing exactly where everything should go, whereas the C&C seemed to care more about getting your business. The trick is definitely to be spot-on with your measurements. Good luck.

My sis-in-law bought C&C kitchen, and she said never again. Measurements are done from paper plans which often can be couple of mm out from actual kitchen dimensions. So some gaps. Doors hinges became loose and fitting wasnt brilliant. But she got what she paid for she said.

Lizabeth did your friend get this problem sorted out.
I have a C+C kitchen and the hinges have popped out of about 3 doors.
It appears the bore hole is too big

I haven't had a chance to follow up with them yet. A friend suggests using NO More Nails

a few years back was in a similiar position and ended up with O' Neills in Kilbeggan and no problems with product or price, with the new roads this is a viable option for ye Dublin folk, can't remember their number
I have no association with them, just a past customer

im still trying to decide on c&c or springhill.ie. for a walnut kitchen with c&c we were quoted 6.5k dont know what type of worktop that was as the girl in the limerick store was not a bit friendly, only asked a few questions and sent the quote out in the post. springhill gave us a quote of 11.5k for cherry and 4.1k for a granite worktop, our kitchen includes a large island. but these quotes do not include appliances!!

Back