Kitchen Worktops

ClodaghK

Hi there

I am in the process of building a new house and am at the stage of picking out the kitchen!

I have decided to go for a cream/ivory kitchen and cream polished porcelain tiles; however it is proving a bit more problematic to decide what worktop to go for. I would like to go for something in a dark brown with a shiny appearance - something like granite.

Obviously this would be the preference but due to the exuberant price of granite my pocket is not allowing it!!

Would anyone have any suggestions of a quality, expensive looking worktop that would be durable, but for a lot less money than granite!!!

Many thanks

Just quick one the price of granite can vary depending on who quotes. I got ten quots for my Kitchen granite. Highest was 6950
Lowest was 4500

This was for a large kitchen and island, Sink cut out,grooves for drainage.

Private message me if you want the details of the supplier. Ps where are you from because supplier is in the kildare area but imagine they would travel

price really depends on the amount of joints in the worktop be careful to check out how many joints they are giving you we went with Comer Granite in Co Galway very good [broken link removed]

I saw a worktop called Getacore in Inhouse - this looks good as the joints dont show and scratches can be sanded off etc. It was about €600 for 4m in length so a lot dearer than formica but also a lot cheaper than Granite and looks quite good.