kitchen price

johnnyg

Hi, I've been given a quote of 10K for a u-shaped kitchen (3.6m X 3.7m X 1.4m) and an island (1.4m X 0.5m). The doors are solid and the frame chipboard (MDF would be another 200 extra). Its just a normal design with a pull out ladder, and tall unit for d/oven.This price excludes worktops/extractor/sink. This seems a bit pricey, but i have nothing to compare to. Would anyone have any comments.

Sounds very pricey when worktops and sink are excluded. I got a kitchen and utility units from Cash and Carry Kitchens for €4500. This was for about 10m run of cabinets, double oven unit, 2 sinks, worktop, 1 drawer pack, 2 pull out chrome baskets, 1 corner carousel unit (lazy susan) with stainless steel front. All doors were solid oak with stainless steel handles, all carcasses were MFC, dowelled construction. This also included about 2.4m of high level cupboards. Fitting was not included but they quoted around €750 for this.

Thanks Carpenter, What is MFC? Is this similar to MDF and is this better than chipboard?

Definately shop around......
I priced loads of places and eventually settled on one which is costing about 14,ooo all in, including granite worktops, sink and taps and all lighting.
It is in walnut with MDF carcasses colour matched.

I think C&C were covered in a previous thread on AAM. The product is good, well put together and represents excellent value for money for someone on a budget. If you are putting a kitchen into a standard, spec built house and don't want to spend a fortune then C&C are as good as you'll get. On the minus side: the range of designs and cabinet options is limited, the standard laminate worktop is poor enough (not very durable), MFC plinth boards are subject to moisture damage.

Overall though I'm very happy with the product, I got what i paid for and fitted it myself. I know that to source an equivalent kitchen from a local fitter would have cost me at least €2000 more. Their showrooms are worth a visit in person. Avoid the Powerpoint appliances they may try to push on you.

May I second C&C and echo all of carpenters points. Again, thought their range was limited but what they had was good quality and best priced of the places we visited.

Try A1 Kitchens on Ossory Rd, North Dublin. www.a1kitchens.ie ask for Keith (01 855 0404). We tried C&C kitchens, found them too restrictive, couldn't move items around, I.e. Oven had to be at a certain height and couldn't be moved. (we wanted Microwave under the double oven)

We got our kitchen there just before christmas and it came in at just over 3,400 for an L Shaped kitchen roughly 8 Mts, Solid doors, MDF carcusus, one tall pull out larder, one small pull out larder, cutlery tray, Peg tray for delf, all drawers were soft close drawers (I.e. they won't ever slam shut) and to top it all off fitting was included in that price.

however the price didn't include the worktop as we got Granite and their price was a little high. We went with Treanor Stone Tec in Monoghan ask for Tracy (047 80444). Came in at 2,200 for granite included 8mts of granite, upstands and a 2.5 metre window board, cut out for Gas Hob, sinks and grooves for draining board.

I got kitchen fitted recently. Is fab. But what I didn't price at the beginning and what wasn't included in the quote

I got kitchen fitted recently. Is fab. But what I didn't price at the beginning and what wasn't included in the quote was electrics and tiles.

The electrics cost me an additional E1,000 which came as a shock.

Be sure to get all elements quoted before you decided on the kitchen to install.

We've had a kitchen installed by D-O-Nee Kitchens for about 5,800. It doesn't have an island and I'm afraid I don't have the measurements but it isn't a small kitchen. We supplied the electrics and they were all integrated and worktops were included. We were happy with the price because we had been quoted 8,500 for much the same. We were very pleased with D-O-Nee and Billy is the man that runs. There's another kitchen thread on AAM that there were other recommendations for Billy and that's how I came across him.

I got a quote recently for cock beaded kitchen, solid throughout, two runs of presses, overmantel, large larder, wicker baskets, wine rack, island unit, two sinks, and great attention to detail in kitchen - €15,000-00 - bear in mind this kitchen will be solid throughout, I do feel I am getting a great deal!

Your kitchen sounds wonderful! Price sounds pretty good too.