Kitchen Party

A_b

Hi,

never been to a kitchen party before. What kinda things are you supposed to bring??

Thanks!

Oh, this will be good................

Is it related in any way to a house party?

If so, then I'd suggest you bring some drink.

out of curiosity I went searching for Kitchen Party ... assuming you aren't referring to a party confined to the kitchen because of over-particular but unsuspecting parents (the plot of a 1997 film) are you referring to a pre-marital party for the girls? If so the ideal gifts seem to be things for her as a wife so cook books, and housekeeping stuff appears to be the gifts to bring ... by the sounds if it I would go with Protocol's suggestion but maybe instead a present of a gift voucher for a cleaner might be a bit different.

its a cork thing and i went to my first last year. You bring a gift - usually something in or around the €20 euro mark and something that you would use in the kitchen, like a few baking trays or tea towels or something like that. I was talking to someone and they said they are more of a meet and have a craic for the older folks who won't want to go to a hen night.
Loads of good grub and tips on how to be a great little housewife will be there also - all in all a good night I think.

how about a cocktail recipe book and a nice set of cosmo glasses to try them out!

Find out if there's a colour scheme if you want to get co-ordinating tea towels etc - however I would suggest something unusual like funky fluffy dusters, flowery screwdrivers/garden trowel/secateurs. I saw great sweeping brushes with art deco/comic handles in TK Maxx, which is a great source of unusual stuff for the kitchen/home. Hope that helps!

Yeah a kitchen party is a Cork thing. Its usually something for the kitchen, but some people have a theme. I was at one that the bride to be wanted stuff for her honeymoon, Flip flops that kinda thing as they had all the kitchen related stuff already.

It doesn't really matter what you get, the way it works is you wrap up your gift in the best disguised wrapping as possible then when everyone arrives and the drink is flowing the bride to be wears a blindfold and she has to guess what each present is and then who gave it to her. The person with the best imagination at the party writes down every comment that the bride says to describe each present and its read out at the end.. It's funny if the person writing everything down does it right, with every pun intended

was at kitchen party in glanmire last yr. Bride to be got every different kind of sexy lingerie... and handcuffs and oils etc.. along with plenty of kitchen utensils.

i think maybe my friends are just a dirty bunch.... *thinks about it*..... yep they are !

Was at a kitchen party a few weeks ago and bought the bride to be a really cute pink fluffy duster and a matching dust pan set - both from Dunnes. If you are in the Cork area, there is a lovely kitchen shop at the end of Oliver Plunkett Street on the left hand side - Brennans is the name - they have some really unusual and useful stuff.
It's more about the drinks and get together than the presents.

i agree its more about the girlies getting together before the big day. admittedly the presents are an added bonus.

didnt think it was just a cork thing though.. i assumed it was nationwide tradition. great craic nevertheless... whatever else happens, make sure the drink is flowing...