Kitchen fitting price

AliDesign

I have a homebase kitchen flat packed. Bought it for 3k after bargaining with the sales guy. It's a u-shaped kitchen with integrated dishwasher, extractor fan etc. I was given a price of 1k to get it fitted as a nixer. Am I being ripped off? Any recommendations for a good fitter in Dublin West? We scraped and scrounged to get the kitchen and we can't afford 1k to get it put it!

We paid €500 to have a much larger (by the sounds of it) kitchen installed in kildare south. 1k sounds a bit much for a nixer imho.

So it's not just me being silly. The guy said it will take him 2 evenings to put the units together and a few more evenings to fit it! Now there are approx. 14 units altogether so I just presumed that was the norm price. Has anyone got a number for a carpenter who doesn't overcharge?

You should be looking at about €35 - €40 to install per unit ( thats allowing for the fitter to assemble units as they will be flat pack from homebase) . You double the amount for any tall units eg fridge housing, and add an extra unit price for each worktop cut out eg sink and hob. This is approximate for Cork but not too sure what dublin fitters charge. Going by this your kitchen should cost about €600 to €650 to fit, these are not nixer prices ( he should be able to do a better deal if its evening work ).

One word of warning - do not take out your existing kitchen untill all your items have been delivered - make sure you check all boxs delivered against your order form.

You could save some money on fitting if ye were to assemble the units for the fitter !!!!

Thanks for all the replies and the link Sueellen. I will let you know how i get on. Hopefully i'll have it all done by next week. I've had a gutted kitchen since April and the flat packed HB kitchen in the front room since July so fingers crossed i'll be baking soon!!

Don't The Panelling Centre and C&C Kitchens have lists of independent approved installers. You could get a few names from them and get some further quotes.

Yes but be wary - we used a C&C independent approved installer and he was a complete cowboy. Didn't turn up when he was supposed to, even though kitchen had been dismantled at this stage, charged extra for plumbing the sink, which I had to get re-plumbed a couple of months later due to leaking.
Doors were hung slightly crooked, had to get a new worktop fitted (the one supplied was wrong type), he said he'd come back to do it, but never answered any calls...

So keep your guard up even if you use someone from an 'independent' list

Kitchen Fitters in Galway charge between 13 and 18% of cost of standard flatpack kitchen (Homebase, B&Q, Cash &Carry etc).
Good luck

Did you get sorted with a good fitter, we had a new kitchen installed last year as we had only moved in, the old kitchen was in very good condition so the fitter agreed to fit it in my mothers house in Donaghmede but although he kept saying he was doing it he hasnt, she has just called another and he has not come back to her either, can anyone suggest someone reasonable but good around Donaghmede direction

I have PM'd you my fitters number. He did a great job for an excellent price. I'm not sure if he services the Donaghmede area but you can ring him and ask.