Kitchen doors

M

Marykate

Dear all,
I have a cherrywood kitchen which is only a few years old but it is quite dark and I'd like to replace the doors with white Shaker doors. I plan to keep the carcasses and layout the same as before -it all works fine as it is. . As well as new doors I wuold need new kickboards, covings, infills etc.

The problem is that the kitchen companies I've spoken to seem to be keen to sell me a whole new kitchen and are not too interested in this smallish job. I wonder if anyone could recommend a company or kitchen fitter who could take on this job. I live in Dublin 3.
Many thanks for all advice.

Marykate,

I am in exactly the same position - hate my cherrywood kitchen and want white shaker style doors!

Did you find anyone decent yet? Do Gallagher Kitchens and B&Q actually fit the doors? Don't fancy doing any of the DIY myself.

Oops - meant Woodworkers - had been looking at Gallaghers as well......

Thanks

Woodworkers may be able to recommend someone, but I don't believe they'll do the fitting themselves.

I had someone out to measure up for something similar here last year (but have lost their contact details) I got their details from one of the small free papers & was impressed with them but my boiler packed in & I had to spend the money on that instead so didn't go ahead with it

Noyeks Newmans in Finglas do supply only for kitchen doors. More than likely they will have the size you want. Some doors are made to order. Pre drilled etc.

It would be a very simple job with a cordless to remove and replace.

Back