Kitchen design

M

mooonlight

Hi, does anyone know the name of a kitchen designer in North County Dublin. If possible, I would prefer if the designer did not work for a particular kitchen Co as I would like them to come to my house, have a look at the kitchen and tell me what I can do with the space.

Maybe its an interior designer or architect I need. I'm just not sure.

The room is quite long and narrow and the space currently is not well used. While I don't want to do major structural work to the house, I wouldn't mind moving patio doors if that helped the look and use of the room.

Anyone know if I need a kitchen designer, interior designer or architect?

Hi.. If you leave your details...

I can arrange an appointment for you with one of our suppliers. I have a team of designers in home interiors, Blinds, Curtains, Flooring and Kitchens. We supply directly to outlets throughout Dublin. I dont want to be seen advertising here so if you leave a contact email address, I will contact you.
Regards
G

Be careful of posting an e-mail address on the internet as you may be hit with spam see here Private Messaging is available to registered users.

Sorry Sue..

Is there another way Moonlight can contact me?
Thanks
G

Hi G,

No problem - just wanted to make sure that neither of you would run into this problem as it does appear to be quite a nuisance.

Unfortunately this problem crops up quite a bit and the simplest way is for both users to register and avail of the private messaging option. You will see here About Askaboutmoney the benefits of registering and the fact that you can still remain anonymous. It is, of course, no problem if you prefer to remain unregistered.

found this on the net. You can download it and use for 30 hours for free......it seems to be the business for me. Its basically a CAD package for drawing the kitchen...

www.kitchendraw.com

Keen Cost Kitchens

do a good service of design, basically they talk you through it. Bring the measurements of your room and windows etc. and they will do up about 4 different views of the designed kitchen on the spot and you walk away with printouts of them.

I think they are supposed to charge you either 20 or 50 (deductible off cost of kitchen) for the printouts but they didnt charge us. You learn a lot in the process of going through it with them.

They use standard size units only and dont do overly fancy stuff (swirly columns at the end of worktops etc.) but think we will use them as quite a big kitchen and dont want it to be a total money pit.

Certainly in Cork Keen Kost enforce having to put the deposit down before you can print. That link I gave above offers full printing...

Kitchen design - Reply and another question

Thank you all for your comments.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back but I haven't had a chance to get into the website since I posted my question.

G, your proposal sounds very interesting. A question for you. Do your team purely design and would they be happy to do just that? I would be quite willing to pay for their time as I think what I am really after is a consultation in my home.
Legend, I do intend to go into the link you provided so thank you.

As for Keen Cost, I hadn't heard of them before but thanks again for the tip.

Another question, has anyone ever purchased an Ikea kitchen and had it fitted in Ireland.. If so, was it a good or bad experience

You may well have read this key post on but unfortunately it only contains info on getting there/buying from them and nothing on kitchens in particular.

If you post..

your email address I will contact you with details..
Regards
G

IKEA planner

Sueellen,
great link to the IKEA planner - have wasted/spent way too long designing the kitchen of my dreams!
thks
d

KITCHENS - Looking for G

Hi G

I've been away again, hence the delay in replying.

I've set up a new e-mail address as I am reluctant to give out my regular address over an open forum.

I can now be contacted at mooonlight0603@hotmail.com re the designers.

Many thanks

Regards

Mooonlight

IS G Around??

Just wondering if you are still out there G?

I will send you an email now..

Let me know if you get it..
Thanks

IKEA

I was there the weekend. Probably worth bringing back one of theirs as they are so cheap. I wish they were here (

I'm going to try Tierney Kitchens in Man o War, Skerries. 8417233. Have seen one of their kitchens in a friends house, and its lovely, not sure about how expensive they are though. I'll find out soon though!