Kitchen costs

KOS

We are thinking of buying a new house and the PC sum for the kitchen is €3000. We bought our first house second hand so have not had to buy a kitchen before. Can people give me an idea of kitchen cost roughly, for say a Maple Shaker Kitchen? €3000 does not sound like a lot to me?
Any advice appreciated.

It depends on the size of the kitchen, and what finish you want, what type of wood you are using, assume it isn't solid wood?
Generally the PC sum covers the standard kitchen and if you want any upgrades you pay extra.

if the units are in good shape would you consider just buying new doors thats what we did and saved us a fortune you can get the doors in woodies or b&q

KOS said:
We are thinking of buying a new house and the PC sum for the kitchen is €3000. We bought our first house second hand so have not had to buy a kitchen before. Can people give me an idea of kitchen cost roughly, for say a Maple Shaker Kitchen? €3000 does not sound like a lot to me?
Any advice appreciated.
€3000 just about covered the units in my kitchen , its covers two wall each 9feet long.... that was from c&c kitchens...

with installation and appliances (hob , oven , fridge and washer dryer) it cost €5,500 total...

In my opinion its worth the extra few bob to make a kitchen nice and bright - airey etc. I put away 6 K for this.

I hated the wooden jobs. Went for a white finish myself. Lovely frosted glass door shelving and presses etc.

Made a boo boo on the tile. Ripping them up at the next free weekend and getting a Natural Stone Floor put down.

I make the odd error in judgement and black gloss tiles were one of them...;-)

BM

Hi Brian,
i too made a real boo boo with my kitchen tiles,
Are you going to "rip" up the existing tiles OR tile on tops of the others??

Sandstone grout was my mistake

On the price of the kitchen prices - depends on size type etc

Ours + a utility room cost 9k (that I blame on my missus)

€3k PC Sum? WOW! Lucky you - what a generous builder. Our builder gave us a whopping €1200 for a 4bed detached house costing €600k! It depends on whether you're going for solid wood or laminate, granite worktop or plastic effect, integrated appliances or free standing, gadgets like recyling bins, larder, pull out corner units etc, etc. Typical finish expect to pay ~€7-€10k

If you're based near Cork
Check out Express Kitchens (O'Sullivan Bros. DIY) for good value solid wood kitchens.
http://www.expresskitchens.net/

or if you're on a budget
Cash & Carry Kitchens - hard to beat!

Thanks for that. So €3000 would not sound too bad. Would you get a decent kitchen (without appliances) for about €5000 - 6000 so?
I have heard some friends say it costs between 10,000 - 20,000 for a kitchen, which seems excessive to me anyway?

You can spend whatever you like on a kitchen but you can also work to a budget.
Shop around, there are huge variations in prices.

KOS - excl. appliances you should be able to get a solid Oak kitchen with standard worktop for €6k no problem so less your €3k PC Sum - total cost to you €3k! Some people can pay upto €40k for their kitchen! Like everything - the sky is the limit!

Back