Kitchen cooker choices

annR

We recently moved into a house which has in the kitchen a standalone gas cooker (hob and oven). We would prefer to have a built in gas hob and electric oven but I think it's going to be too much trouble/expense to build that in. Also I don't think it will really be worth doing because of joins in the countertop and finding matching pieces etc.

At this point I'm reconsidering buying a standalone gas cooker. Are they much more expensive than electrical cookers? Is it possible to buy standalone cookers with a gas hob and electrical oven? Last question, has anyone figured out a reliable way to stop dirt going down the side of standalone cookers?

Hi Leo

I've phoned around and the major retailers here don't seem to stock the 60cm side dual fuel cookers and what's more, won't order them either!

Does anyone have one of these cookers and where did you get it. Failing that, I will just buy a standalone all gas cooker so open to recommendations/tips on those too.

Ann

The Trading Post, linked above, deliver to Ireland, and have been commended here previously by satisfied customers.
Leo

Hi,
We got a dual fuel cooker about three weeks ago - 60cm size - from Power city - it was about 800 euro and it's excellent - gas hob and two fan assisted ovens. They didn't have it on the floor but we asked and they ordered one in for us - took about a week

I'd prefer to get one from a local vendor as they will take away the old one which is there at the moment.

Bonkers what model did you buy?

60cm dual fuel cookers are fairly widely available. Saw some in Clery's (West & Gardiner) recently.

If, like me, you have a 55cm cooker (fairly common if it's an older model) the selection will be more limited. Haven't found a good 55cm dual-fuel yet.

Back