kitchen appliances

nuttybud

Hi

Im looking to buy usual kitchen appliances - cooker or hob/oven, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher etc. Im a FTB so I dont have too much cash.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get midprice appliances at reasonable cost? Is it possible for you to buy them all ina package for a discount? ie new builds generally have a deal for all appliances.

Ive had a look at powercity, d.i.d (sale but only about €20 off) & argos but everyone seems to have the same models and so far powercity is the cheapest. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks,

You could try Harvey Norman, I bought all that type of stuff there last year, when it came to the bill i was given the total (no discount) I laughed and said all the commission you are getting from me surely you can do better than that.. he knocked €400 off and i got free delivery ( In fairness i spent €7400) i bought furniture too..!!

Worth a try tho...i'd never usually have the neck to ask for a discount but like yourself funds were getting tight and thought it was worth a try, was glad i did..:D

Good Luck

Try Baize House in Finglas (think they have a place in swords too). They sell out of box and cosmetically damaged goods for very good value. Lots of the stuff has no damage at all and just has no box. They all come with warranty etc. Bought my hob, washing machine and dryer there and saved a lot of cash.

I believe there's a Zanussi/Electrolux store on the long mile road, mite be worth a look. Also you mite get a bigger discount in smaller stores as you're buying a few products so the sale will mean more to them. I only bought appliances about 6 months ago for a new house and found DID the cheapest but definitely get a quote and play one off against the other.

I recently bought all new appliances for my kitchen in Power City after researching in the usual shops - DID, Harvey Normans etc. Total cost came to 3,300 including delivery. I asked the sales guy to give me a discount and I got them all for 3,015 so definitely worth buying all applicances in one shop and asking for a discount!

Powercity are selling display items/end of line items at the moment, i got a 680euro zanussi oven for 400, not a mark on it and they found the bag of bits for it and all.

I'm not in Dublin so couldn't recommend anywhere there. What I would say though is that when I was buying kitchen appliances I got a far better deal by going to a small local suppliers rather than any of the big names. They stored it for me as well for what ended up being 9 months(bought in january sales, didn't deliver til september)

Was doing some looking myself on Sunday.
DID and Power City are the best for integrated, though B&Q was good too(but I dunno if you're going for integrated). The others weren't great (Currys and Harvey Norman).

In terms of price DID were a bit cheaper than PC (displayed prices).

DID had a Zanussi special for about €2,300 (approx): F/F, W/M, D/W, Hob and Oven. Brand reality-wise I think Zanussi are average.

Just a point of note, with the likes of Zanussi if you buy in B&Q etc they will only honour the one year warranty but you cannot takle out the extended one as there english machines but you cannot take out an english warranty as your in Ireland which on a 850euro washer dryer is a bit much so my advice is to buy irish to avoid this sort if grey import.

Just a quick update.
I checked harvey normans "hardly norman" sale on sat and then went to Baize House in Swords (Thanks MBRO)

I got f/f, dw, cooker & wm all hotpoint with free delivery to southside and they'll store them until im ready. I reckon ive saved over €500-Id defo recommend them.

Back