kitchen appliances

kildarebuild

Wife and myself went shopping around for prices all day on saturday.

So far we have tried both DID and Harvey Norman.

Our shopping list is as follows Mostly whirlpool or hotpoint or Zanussi makes
1. American Fridge / Freezer (approx 1300)
2. 5 Ring Gas Hob (400)
3. Inbuilt microwave (540)
4. Inbuilt Oven & Grill (680)
5. Condensing Dryer (340)
6. Dishwasher (460)
7. Plasma Screen TV 37" & stand & dvd player (1100)

DID would give about 4% discount no more.

Harvey Norman about the same.

Has anyone any experience in shopping around for kitchen appliances?
Dixons?
Powercity?

Any help is appreciated.

When we got ours we got

Microwave
Hob
Grill/oven
Extractor fan
Washing machine
Dryer
Freezer
Integrated fridge
Iron
Hover
Dishwasher
Toaster
Kettle

All in all ithink it was 2500/3000 which was a huge difference compared to what i got quoted in DID. I got my stuff from SWAN electrical in carlow. And actually was out with sis-in-law doing the same type shooping in another shop yesterday but found the sales man a jerk. Just so happened every item that we picked out he had a different recommendation that just so happend to be dearer . The worst was he suggested this dishwasher that was 160 more then what we were looking at and the day before in same shop a different guy told us it was there biggest return item and to stay clear

Power city generally give discount if you buy this much they did for me anyway. about 10%

Check out . They are based here in England but I am sure that earlier post from Ireland-based members have mentioned them favourably so I would guess that they deliver for a reasonable price.

I would recommend Baize House for appliances. Got our washing machine, dishwasher and hob there for very good prices. They sell stock that has been shop soiled so there may be a scratch on it or the box it came in may have been water damaged etc. You get a full guarantee and once you are careful the items look perfect. Our induction hob was 250 euro less than DID and the washing machine was 200 less than Harvey Norman for example.

if you can spead your shopping over a few day and are in a position to collect goods( a hatchback can collect a washing machine) go to all the shops and find the goods you want. Next write down the product code and enter it into www.google.ie and select pages from ireland. this will show you every place its sold and you can pick the cheapest
normally http://www.powercity.ie (www.powercity.ie) is very good and they also give a discount for shopping online but you can still collect in store its about 7 %