Kingswood, Tallaght

Dee101

Hi all

Any posters living in this area at the moment? Have viewed a house in Kingswood Heights and also one or two in the far side of the estate, nearer the shops (Ashfield, Chestnut).

The Kingswood Heights estate seems to be the nicer, more settled estate but houses are few and far between and the ones coming up need quite a lot of work. They are also on the small side. In saying that I do love the estate.

The ones on the far side of the estate, nearer the shops /school, appear to be more reasonably priced and the houses seem to be better built in some respects but I am concerned this part of Kingswood is not as settled and maybe more prone to anti social behaviour etc.

Does anyone have any opinions or advice to share? Anywhere in particular worth avoiding?

If you run the search option in this forum only there are previous references to Kingswood.

It is a nice estate but I would personally avoid houses near the pub/shops because of the anti-social behaviour in and around there. Some of the green areas also suffer the same.

Haven't been in them myself but I understand the narrow 3 bedroomed houses are very small inside. The bungalows are generally small also. There are some 4 bedroomed red brick front houses down past the church and they look very nice but as you say they don't appear to come up for sale very often.

Don't know much about them myself but some people don't like the houses in Garrynisk which is at the top of the estate near to the Belgard Rd/Embankment Road.

The primary school has a good reputation. Unfortunately there is no secondary school and the children have to travel on buses to here, there and everywhere.

Kilnamanagh is not bad either and has the benefit of Dunnes Stores within walking distance.

The Luas is also within walking distance of both estates and is very handy.

Give me a shout if you need to know anything else.

I know of 2 for sale on Tamarisk grove in Kilnamanagh.

Been on for a few months so price should be negotiable.

Both need modernising but,

Opposite a big green space cul de sac easy to the school and luas and all amenities

Kingswood is nice too I would be a little wary of traffic up towards the luas stop though.

Thanks for the replies. I did see a couple of threads on Kingswood - but they are from a few years back so just wanted a more up to date perspective if possible!. Thanks for your reply Sue Ellen.

I would know the Heights area quite well and would not hesitate in buying there - the size of the houses are a problem though.

As regards the other parts of Kingswood are quite ok too? Apart from being of wary of being too close to green areas or shops as you've mentioned. I am not sure of the houses beside the church? Do you know the name of the road?

Frank, thanks for your suggestions re Kilnamanagh. I have heard this area is quite nice but there appears to be alot of open spaces / fields and I would worry about anti social being a problem. It is also quite a big estate and am not sure what parts are nice or if there are any not so nice parts. I will check it out though

No worries

To be honest I would have looked at the greens as a positive.
Played many a game of footie on that green you are so worried about.

Some smaller houses. Parkhill treepark.
The rest are a good bit bigger.

Tamarisk grove is a cul de sac and with only houses on one side makes for much easier parking. Right side of the estate for the Luas.

Obviously biased but well matured.

I am not sure of the houses beside the church? Do you know the name of the road?

I think the area I'm thinking of is Dunmore. As far as I can recall it would be the last turn on the right after the church. There are some 4 bedroomed ones there which I understand are large but don't come on the market too often.

The 4 bedroomed ones in the Park are also quite big.

If you can afford it all try to get a detached as having lived next door to a rented house for many years I wouldn't move unless I could go for detached.