King size mattress recommendation; make, where bought, cost, comfort?

hermes

Guys

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

We bought a semi orthapedic mattress about 3 years ago (it sits on a flat plywood base) and turn it every couple of weeks but lately it's been affecting our sleep badly and Mrs hermes and me are waking up every day with sore backs - even after 7-8 hours in bed !!

Hard to believe the mattress is on it's last legs already but maybe it is.

Can anyone recommend a mattress for a king size (I think - 6foot by 5.5foot) bed ? The following details would be a big help:

- Make ?
- Where you bought it ?
- Cost ?
- Do you get a good nights sleep ?

Thanks

hermes

Re: Mattress recommendation ?? please please please

I cant reccomend one but I can tell you that I bought one of Tempura ones that mould to your body shape, never distort etc etc etc. It cost 2,000 euro just for the matress (incl delivery).
Don't believe the sales hype and save your money. These matresses do lose their shape and if they do help your back pain,you will put your back out again trying to turn the mattress cause they weigh a tonne !.
Bought a good hard mattress for a summer home earlier this year with endorsements from some chiropractors institute but cant remember the make , sorry. Way better job.

Hope this helps if only to rule out the Tempura. Just my opinion of course.

How often should you replace a mattress? How would you know that its lie span is up?

Back