Kinder Hotels - Austria/Germany

R

rev18

Has anyone any experience/comments on Kinder Hotels in Austria and Germay? Thinking of going to Neubichler-Alm Hotel in Bavaria near Salzburg in early July (2 adults and 2 children aged 4 and 6). The Kinder Hotels are quite expensive but seem to include everything for the price. Want to avoid the excessive heat of spain etc. in July so think austria/germany may a better bet. Any comments/advice much appreciated.

Not sure if you went ahead but we have gone to two in Austria for the last two years and will go again in 2009

Would recommend highly - expensive yes but everything is included and they are great for the children - you actually get some down time.

Let me know if you want to hear more.

Hi
the Kinderhotels are a German Austrian marketing chain of a group of independent child-friendly hotels . They have recently decided to extend their marketing efforts to the English-speaking markets. Standards in each hotel are different but they generally strive to accommodate the affluent family market.
I have no personal experience of the particular hotel you are planning to visit, but I have read a glowing report of it on rollercoaster.ie (parenting forum) from another Irish family who holidayed there last year. It is set in the countryside about 20Km from Salzburg, yet in the less sexy holiday area of Upper Bavaria. From what I read it caters fantastically well for the under 10s. If you are looking for striking Alpine mountain scenery etc, this is not the place as the mountains nearby are more rolling' and lower, but it is certainly picturesque.

For what it's worth, there are many ordinary hotels in Austria/Germany catering to the family market. Many hotels are just called 'family-friendly' and offer half board with apartments or interconnecting rooms. Many hotel with 'sport' in the name also have extensive facilities such as tennis courts, pool etc. Another family orientated chain is the Familotel chain (an excellent example of one of these, very highly rated personally is the Furtherwirt in St Johann in Tirol. ) English is widely spoken in the hotel industry in Germany and austria.
Hth