Kind of a Safety Locker at a bank

mystry4all

Hi all,

I tried to search at google but didn't get any clue about it. I am looking to rent a safety locker at a bank. For the storage of value-able personal things.
Does something like that exist in Dublin at the banks?? In other countries that service is possible at the bank. And what will be the annual cost of it?

Thanks in advance.

Think you are watching too much TV!
If you are a customer then your branch MIGHT keep items if value in their safe for you but thats about it - no fancy vaults with induvidual lockers Im afraid!!!

There are a heap of posts on AAM concerning Bank Safety Deposit Boxes in Ireland.

The only Bank in Ireland that does Safe Deposit Boxes in Ireland is the Bank of Ireland in College Green Dublin 2. There are no vacant boxes and in fact when some do become free they are immediately taken off the market. They are not transferable and the annual rental is increased each year to force people not using their boxes to quit them.

Thanks for the info...Bad news...In other countries bank do give ''personal lockers'' I had myself in the netherlands.

I know. But in other countries Banks act very very differently than in Ireland.

Banks used to do them; however with insurance costs they became prohibitive; hence BoI removing them once a long standing customer gives it up.

however with insurance costs they became prohibitive;

The Banks ceased storage services due to money laundering requirements. High Insurance costs have nothing to do with it. If that was the case they wouldn't keep cash at all

Am unable to find it on their web site. I was under the definite impression that they had ceased storing articles and papers for customers.