Kilworth Road, Dublin 12

M

moo

Short and sweet....
Anyone know what Kilworth Road in Drimnagh is like...
Cheers in advance, just that I heard some dodgy rumours about it?

Re: Kilworth Road

I have heard from a few estate agent friends that Drimagh area is starting to go the way Inchicore did with prices rising very quickly,

Lol - prices in Drimnagh started rocketing almost exactly a year ago. I was looking there at the time and prices rose by about 40 grand in two months.

I can't comment directly on Kilworth Road but it doesnt ring any bells so it must not be Housing Associates houses, which are much bigger than the rest of the houses in the area, and were the ones I was interested in and noticed the prices rising very quickly.

moo said:
Short and sweet....
Anyone know what Kilworth Road in Drimnagh is like...
Cheers in advance, just that I heard some dodgy rumours about it?

I'm originally from Drimnagh and although recently there has been trouble in the area overall it is a good area. It is central to the city centre, there are approx. 5 buses you can get, the luas also has a stop at the end of Drimnagh.

There are shops, a church, school, and a community centre. It is located approx. 20 mins from Liffey Valley and 30 mins from Blanchardstown Shopping centre (depending on traffic).

The house prices in the area have rose dramatically as it is so centrally located expecially to the city centre and of course the Luas seems to add value to properties now!

In case anyone is still interested in information on Kilworth Road, I moved there about a year ago and it's very nice and quiet, not a spot of trouble, I think there is about 5 houses for sale on that road now, and I would recommend it to anyone. That at least applies to the canal/Inchicore end of the road.

I'm looking at a property on Kilworth at the moment.....any more thoughts on location?
I'm inclined to go for it - but I have a bit if a suspicion about the next door neighbours.....how can I figure out if they are dodge ???

I've lived in Kilworth Road for the last 5 years and it's a nice quiet, settled area. We've never had any trouble, neighbours are great, never had any trouble from the 'newer' neighbours who rent a couple of properties.

What No. house were you looking at and I'll tell you if I know it?

i know this sounds daft but walk around on a saturday afternoon and strike up a conversation with the locals you see.
I live in Drimnagh, bought over a year ago, there are always people out and about round there chatting away to neighbours.
People will talk to you if you tell them you're thinking of buying one of the houses. You'll find it hard to stop them talking once they start....salt of the earth dubs. Great neck of the woods.

you could also call into the local parish priest and ask. Be not afraid!

Kilworth Road is quite a long road.
The area, like any other, is home to some unsavoury fella's who are involved in the drug trade and has seen the odd shooting over the years, but then again so has Clontarf and Stillorgan! You'd pay 30% more for a house in Walkinstown and there have been at least 5 shootings there in the last year!!!