Kiltalown Road, Jobstown, what is it like to live in?

F

fan_by

Just around my budget, thinking to buy 3 bed semi there, any problems i should know about? any info would be very helpfull, thanks

I would recommend you take a drive around there at night, keep your central locking on though.

Just around my budget, thinking to buy 3 bed semi there, any problems i should know about? any info would be very helpfull, thanks

IMHO not one of the more sought after areas to live in urban Dublin.

There is better places to live for the same value at the moment

Jobstown?

You can do better.
It doesn't matter which street in Jobstown you are buying, there are better areas in D24
If you think it's cheap then it's cheap for a reason

fan_by jobstown is a deprived area and while there are lovely people there it is rough...what is your budget anyway - might be able to suggest areas

Kiltalown isn't the worst part of jobstown, its on the outskirts of jobstown on the back road to saggart and a good bit away from the centre of Jobstown, where I had a brick thrown through my windscreen while driving through there 2 weeks ago and narrowly missed a carjacking!!. Citywest or saggart would be a much better area out that direction, probably going for not too much more right now and although its close to jobstown, has a totally different atmosphere and is quite nice. Jobstown is a kip in my opinion, even though its improved slightly over the years, its still a dive you can definately do better.

Oh and there is a halting site in kiltalown aswell, but I'm not aware of too many problems from that one, its the one in jobstown itself there are problems.

thank you all, it's all great info albeit not exactly what i HOPED to hear, will definitely stay away